Mobile apps can play a vital role in any company’s business success, and several business owners want to leverage the enormous user base of smartphone users. Thus, the popularity of mobile apps is increasing at a very high rate.
As per Statista, Android leads the mobile operating system worldwide with 70% of the market share. So, if you want to build an Android app, you need to find a mobile app development company to create an effective app.
However, hiring an app development company that can deliver valuable outcomes in terms of mobile apps, with high-user experience and revenue generation.
So, if you have an app requirement, you need to choose an Android app development company that can live up to the expectation of your app objectives and users’ requirements.
Though, hiring a suitable app development company is not an easy task. So, if you are going to hand over your project to a development company, consider all the necessary aspects before hiring.
In this blog, we will discuss all the parameters to consider before hiring an Android app development company.
First, let’s understand what you can get by hiring an app development company.
Reasons to Hire Android App Development Company
- Looking for Precise Skillset
Suppose you are looking to have a precise skillset (for designers, developers, and testers) and appropriate knowledge to facilitate the Android app development project. In that case, you can hire an app development company.
- Hiring Dedicated Development Team
A dedicated development team will exclusively work on your project only. You can hire a dedicated development team and finish your app development process timely.
- Manageable App Development Process
Android app development requires a lot of tasks, from managing costs to resources. Android app development companies assign you a project manager to keep track of the project process. They are responsible for managing resources, project timeline, project anomalies, testing, and deployment.
- Looking for Advanced Technology
Mobile apps are adapting to new technologies quickly. Hiring Android app development companies can fill the technology gap. The development companies can integrate the latest technologies that are in trend.
- Adding Services that Value to your Users
Competition is high in the mobile app development industry; thus, it is essential to integrate more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive designs to stand out from the competition. At the same time, it is necessary to add features that add value to customers’ lives.
Step-by-Step Guide to Choose the Best Android App Development Company
- Know Your App Requirements
The initial step is to define your project requirements to make sure you are clear of your app idea, and it is worth investing time and effort. To know your app requirements completely, you can identify the following points:
- App Objective: Discover the purpose of your app. What value does it add to your user’s life? Who is your target audience? Does your app idea fit your target audience’s needs?
- Market Research: An essential part of app development is researching the market to get a clear idea of the app features and performance. As part of the market research, you can define your customer persona and conduct market surveys and competitor analysis.
- App Features: Identify the essential features to integrate into your app as per your target audience. Find out what features are performing well in the market.
- Budget: Budget is one of the primary factors that influence app development. You have to include the development company fees in your budget.
- Technology Stack: You should also know the helpful technology stack for app development as part of the app requirements.
- Begin the Search
After finding out all of the app requirements, you can begin your search for the relevant company for app development. Keep in mind that the selected company would be your technology partner and part of the app development journey for an extended period. Thus, you must search for the best Android app development company from the right place.
You can search on Google to find the app development company. However, you might get overwhelmed with the number of results you get on the internet. Therefore, it will be best if you look for the development companies on the following platforms:
Clutch is a well-known site where people list their app development companies. Here, you can find the company that offers Android app development services and fits your requirement list. You can find in-depth client reviews to find the previous projects and technologies they have worked on.
It is another renowned website listing platform to search for suitable Android app development companies. You can also find client reviews on this website, along with how well they performed on deadlines, what technologies they use, and more.
LinkedIn is the most suitable platform to conduct your research for app development companies. You can learn about their services, work culture, etc., on LinkedIn that might impact your app development process.
- Shortlist and Hire Android App Development Company
You can shortlist certain companies that fit your app and business requirements. After that, you can send your app query to them and schedule a meeting. During that meeting, you can ask certain questions to clarify your app development process’s doubts.
In that interview, you can also ask about the company’s availability, communication medium, experience, tools, etc. Ensure that you and your hired Android app development company are on the same page for the deadline and keep you in the loop throughout the development process.
Mistakes to Avoid While Hiring Android App Development Company
- Not Considering Budget: Ensure your app development company has the skills needed for Android app development and fits your budget.
- Not Knowing Technology Stack: There are various technologies like Xamarin, React Native, Flutter, and Ionic that can be used for Android app development. If you are not aware of their merits and demerits, you may not be able to find out which technology is suitable for app development. Also, you need to select an Android app development company that can inform you about the technology stack to use.
- Avoiding Marketing Reputation of Company: You would not want to hand over your project to a company with no market recognition. You can ensure their market reputation through reviews, social media engagement, etc.
- Overlooking Reviews and Testimonials: Make sure you perform a full background check on the Android app development company before hiring. Thus, looking at verified reviews and testimonials is necessary.
- Inefficient Customer Support: Effective customer support will ensure that all of your queries are being resolved timely and you are thoroughly involved in the development process.
- Avoiding App Testing and Maintenance Services: Your app needs to be updated and constantly maintained to remove any errors that might influence your app performance. Therefore, look for a development company that can upgrade your app.
Developing an app is a huge investment and requires a considerable budget amount. Therefore, make sure you select the app development company that can take your Android app towards success. We hope the factors and tips given above will help you make the right decision.
Conclusively, prepare the interview questions properly and verify the company’s credentials by checking their past work. Also, ensure you hire an Android app development company that has experience developing a similar app.
Aliona Miller is a Sr. Software Developer in Sparx IT Solutions, the best Android app development company. In her free time, She loves to share her knowledge with others through blogging.