A connection diagnostic tool is a great tool when you have to fix issues related to the network and multiple files that you need to access. It will help you get rid of the network issues by finding and fixing all the connections between the company file, database server manager, or Quickbooks. There are other uses of this tool also like it helps to get rid of multi-user mode issues or the network h series errors. In this post, we have explained to you what a connection diagnostic tool is and how you can use it on the system.
Introduction to Connection Diagnostic Tool
To increase the productivity of the company, a firm may prefer to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode where different users can work on a single file simultaneously. But, this can lead to a lot of issues. To resolve those issues, QuickBooks has launched QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. The tool will detect and fix all the errors related to the QuickBooks multi-user mode. Also, the tool is compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, Vista, and versions of Quickbooks 2008 and above.
Advantages of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Here are some reasons for which we think it is feasible and required to use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- It can help you fix different issues that you can encounter while trying to install the QuickBooks application
- Other countless errors can be fixed using this tool.
- It simply saves the time and effort to the users that they will put in when resolving the issue manually.
- Also, it may help you get rid of the activities where entries made by the user are no more updated on the application.
Errors That Can Be Fixed Using Connection Diagnostic Tool
Here is a list of possible issues that you can fix using the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Access to the QuickBooks database is not allowed.
- Some entries are not present in the QuickBooks employees list.
- Moreover, you can also fix blank customer and vendor lists with the tool.
- You can also get rid of the corrupted or damaged company file.
- Missing company file.
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Here are all the steps that you will have to follow to download and install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool on the system. Ensure to follow all the steps in the same and to avoid any errors in the process.
- To start with, you will have to open the official website of Intuit or QuickBooks.
- From there, you will have to look for QuickBooks’s connection diagnostic tool and then download the same on the system.
- You will then have to save your downloaded file to an easily accessible location.
- After this, you will have to open the installer window with the name QBinstall_tool_vs.exe.
- When done, you will have to ensure that you have closed all the applications running in the background.
- You will then have to reboot the application and then proceed with the process.
- Ensure that you have a good and stable internet connection on the system.
- When done, in the installer window, you will have to click on the Next option on the welcome window.
- Now, you will have to choose the folder in which you wish to store the installation file.
- You will then have to choose. I agree on the terms and conditions prompt.
- When done, you will have to check if the. Net framework is installed on the system or not.
- Next, you will have to click on the Next option until you see the finish option.
- When done, click on the finish option and then complete the installation process.
- Now, the tool will start on the system. In case the tool didn’t start, you will have to click on the file to start it.
- After this, you will have to choose the directory in which you wish to store the Quickbooks company file. You can use the Browse option for the same.
- When done, choose the file and make sure not to choose the network connectivity option if you are using QuickBooks in single-user mode.
- You will then have to type your admin password and username.
- When done, choose if you are using a host system or a workstation.
- In the end, you will have to wait for the tool to start on the system and diagnose all the issues.
Use Connection Diagnostic Tool Via QuickBooks Tool Hub
Another easy method that you can use to use the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is to use it via the Quickbooks tool hub.
- For this, you will have to download the tool hub on the system.
- You will then have to save it in an accessible location.
- When done, click on the downloaded file and then agree to the terms and conditions. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- When done, you can choose to run the diagnostic tool.
Read More: Quickbooks won’t open
So, this is all you need to know about the QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool. The tool will make it easier to resolve all the QuickBooks issues related to network and company files. We hope this article has provided you with a clear picture of what a connection diagnostic tool is and how to use it.