Though Quickbooks is a great application, you can still encounter issues in Quickbooks. One standard error that a user can face is when Quickbooks does not open. This usually happens because the Quickbooks is not installed correctly or if the QBWUSER.ini file is damaged. In this post, we have explained why won t open Quickbooks and how to resolve the issue.
Triggers of QuickBooks Not Opening Issue
Before we explain to you all the solutions, you must know why won’t QuickBooks open. Here are all the reasons for which QuickBooks is not opening Issue.
- The name of the company file is very long.
- In case the hard disk of the system is damaged or corrupted.
- Also, the Quickbooks application is not installed correctly.
- Other than this, you may also face the Issue because the QBWUSER.ini file is damaged.
- You are using an outdated version of the Windows OS.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Error
Here are all the signs and symptoms of Quickbooks not opening the Issue.
- Application freezes frequently.
- Unable to open the company file.
- Windows run very slowly.
- The system may hang again and again.
- Your system may respond sluggishly.
Solutions to Get Rid of Quickbooks Not Opening Issue
Here are all the solutions that you can opt for while fixing Quickbooks Not opening error. Each method is mentioned in detail to make the process easier for you.
Solution 1: End QBW32.exe Process
There may be different processes running in the background that can interrupt the process of the Quickbooks application. To resolve Quickbooks won’t open issue, you will have to terminate the QBW32.exe process. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to right-click on the taskbar and then choose to start the Task Manager on the system.
- You will then have to hover to the processes tab. Hen, choose the Image Name to sort all the processes alphabetically.
- Next, you will have to look for the exe file and then choose it.
- You will now have to choose the End process option and then terminate the exe process.
Solution 2: Suppressing Installation of Quickbooks Application
The following method that we recommend to resolve Quickbooks not opening Issue is to suppress the Quickbooks installation. For this, go through the steps listed below.
- To start with, you will have to look for the Quickbooks desktop icon and then right-click on the same.
- After this, you will have to press and hold the CTRL key and then open the Quickbooks application. You will have to keep holding the CTRL key until NO company opens the window on the system.
- When done, you will have to start the Quickbooks application on the system.
Solution 3: Fixing Quickbooks Installation
Usually, Quickbooks installation issues can lead to different problems in QuickBooks, and QuickBooks won’t open is one of them. To fix the installation of the Quickbooks application user can also use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool or follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to press the CTRL+Alt+Del key together.
- Next, you will have to start a Task manager on the system.
- When done, hover to the processes tab.
- Now, you will have to look for the Quickbooks related processes and then right-click on the same.
- After this, you will have to choose to end processes. A confirmation prompt will then appear on the screen. You will then have to choose to end all processes.
- Next, you will have to start the Quickbooks application again and then repair the Quickbooks application.
Solution 4: Changing QBWUSER.ini File’s Name
The wrong or incorrect name of the QBWUSER.ini file is one of the prominent reasons you can face the Quickbooks not opening Issue. So, if the name is incorrect, you need to change the name of the file. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to look for the folder where you have stored the Quickbooks company file. If you cannot find the folder, choose the option to enable the hidden folder.
- Next, you will have to find the QBWUser.ini file and then right-click on it.
- Choose to rename the file.
- Write OLD at the end of the name and then save the changes.
- You will then have to rename the ECML file on the system. When you are done with this, you will have to start the Quickbooks application. Check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 5: Clean Install Quickbooks
If the Quickbooks application installation process is not performed correctly, you can face different issues in Quickbooks. To clean install the Quickbooks application, you will first have to uninstall the Quickbooks application and then install it again. Also, you can use the clean install tool on the system. Other than this, make sure to change the name of the installation folder also.
Solution 6: Creating New Windows User
If the admin user does not have enough permissions to access the Quickbooks folder or make changes in the folder, the Quickbooks does not start an issue. Therefore, we suggest you create a new Windows user.
- To begin with, start the Control panel on the system and then navigate to the User account option.
- You will then have to click on the Manage user. Now, choose the Add option.
- When done, you will have to select the domain name as administrator. After this, you will have to click on the OK option.
- Other than this, if you are using Windows 10, choose the administrator option.
- When done, choose Finish, and then the User accounts prompt will open on the screen.
- In the end, choose OK and then save the changes.
These were some of the prevalent and fundamental solutions you can use the QuickBooks won’t open Issue. In case you continue to face the Issue, you will have to seek technical guidance.