Do you get envious of the glowing skin of the person next to you? Do you sometimes wonder if your skin could ever look and feel the same way? What if I tell you that you can have that same skin or even better skin when you use a body scrub would it make you feel delighted? If that makes you happy, continue reading because, in this blog post, I’ll be teaching you how to make body scrubs at home.
What does a body scrub do?
A body scrub is a mechanical exfoliant which means that it can be used to physically remove dead skin cells from your skin using abrasive ingredients like salt and sugar. Body scrubs help the skin effectively absorb moisture, look smoother and glow.
Benefits of homemade scrubs
Homemade body scrubs are a lot cheaper than company produced body scrubs. Homemade body scrubs are organic which makes them richer and more effective than most of their company produced counterparts. With homemade body scrubs, you wouldn’t have to worry about the ingredients used in the production of the body scrub because you literally made it yourself.
How to make body scrubs
You now know the benefits of body scrubs and the benefits you gain from making your own body scrub. What’s left would be to show you how to make body scrubs at home using basic ingredients that you can find around the house.
Yoghurts are delicious and they are also good for the body. I know sometimes it can be difficult to part from it but not to worry you’ll be using it to make body scrubs and your body will thank you for it. I bet you didn’t know that Yoghurt has magnificent cleaning properties. Well, now you do. Not only does it have great cleaning properties, but it also it does leaves your skin moisturized.
1. 1 tablespoon of Yoghurt
2. ¼ cup of Olive oil
3. 1 tablespoon of Honey
4. 3 tablespoons of Granulated Sugar.
1. Turn the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix the ingredients thoroughly till you have a coarse mix.
3. After mixing it well, turn it into your desired content and your body scrub is ready for use.
Coffee scrubs are undeniably one of the most effective body scrubs you can make and that’s because coffee has a high amount of antioxidants which is efficient against cellulite and the oil added to it helps in keeping the skin hydrated.
1. ½ cup of coffee grounds
2. 2 tablespoons of hot water
3. 1 tablespoon of warmed coconut oil
1. Thoroughly mix the coffee grounds and hot water in a mixing bowl using a spoon.
2. Pour the coconut oil into the bowl and mix. You can also add more oil or coffee grounds if you feel you didn’t get the consistency right.
3. When you are sure that you have achieved the right consistency, only then can you spoon the mixture into a container of choice.
Brown sugar scrub
Brown sugar scrub is one of the cheapest scrubs you can make at home because brown sugar is so common. Brown sugar does a great job in exfoliating your skin. The particle size of the sugar is really small (if properly made) which makes it have a gentle feel when applied on the skin. The feel is surprisingly much gentler the skin than Epsom salt or sea salt.
1. ½ cup of brown sugar
2. ½ cup of oil of your choosing. Recommended suggestions include olive, almond, coconut oil, etc.
3. Essential oils (not compulsory)
1. Thoroughly mix your brown sugar with the oil in the mixing blow till it is evenly mixed. If after mixing, you notice that the consistency isn’t right, you can also add more oil or sugar till you achieve the right consistency.
2. If you’d like to add essential oils, then you can one or two drops of the oil and mix it thoroughly.
3. Once the right consistency and the desired fragrance has been achieved, the scrub is ready to be used. You can now spoon it into a container.
Honey Sugar Scrub
Honey is known to possess antibacterial, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that can help a variety of skin conditions. It can also protect your skin against UV damage, and kill germs on the skin.
1. ½ cup of brown sugar
2. ¼ cup of melted coconut oil
3. 2 tablespoons of honey
1. Mix the three ingredients (brown sugar, coconut oil and honey) thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
2. Add more coconut oil if your mix turns out to be too crumbly.
3. Once the right consistency has been achieved you can turn it into any container of your choice.
Coconut oil scrub
This scrub is not only great for your body but also works well on your face, cleans makeup and moisturizes the face. Unlike some homemade body scrubs, just like brown sugar body scrub, it’s really cheap to make and you are sure to get the required result.
1. ¼ – ½ cup of granulated sugar
2. ½ cup of coconut oil
1. Mix the ingredients till you achieve a coarse paste. Avoid heating the oil to prevent the sugar from melting.
2. Once you have achieved the paste, you can now transfer the mixture into a container.
click here for more articles