Kettles and urns both provide hot water for an office. However, they differ: urns are more aesthetically pleasing, and kettles boil faster. If you’re looking for an office hot water solution that’s easy on the eyes and quick to deliver piping-hot beverages, then an urn is your best bet.
Choosing which to use ultimately depends on your time management style and preference. For example, if you like to take the time to appreciate the beauty of your surroundings or if the quality is a more critical factor than speed for you, then an urn might be best. On the other hand, a kettle is for you if you want the fastest hot water possible. So how do these two differ? The following details will explore the differences between a kettle and a water urn in an office.
Differences Between Water Urns and Kettles
- A kettle is a vessel that consists of two walls that contain chambers, one on top of the other, with the lower chamber containing boiling water and the top chamber acting as a lid to prevent spills. The pot may or may not be heated.
- Water is heated by an electric element that heats the bottom chamber and boils away some of its water (thus producing steam). The steam then travels up the spout, which acts as a chimney to carry the steam away from the pot and out of the top of the vessel.
- Consumers with electricity in their homes have been known to use kettles for various activities, including boiling water for tea, washing vegetables, and heating water for hot tubs. Kettles can take a relatively long time (10 minutes is typical) to heat enough water for one cup of tea but are incredibly efficient machines.
- A water urn is a container that holds liquid water used to store and dispense water. They usually have an open spout through which the liquid can be poured. Most have no heating elements; therefore, they cannot boil water or produce steam.
- Due to the lack of a heating element and the open spout, however, the contents of a water urn can be exposed to harmful bacteria, although many types are specially designed to prevent this from occurring.
- Unlike a kettle, water urns are generally not used to heat water beyond the ambient temperature of the liquid.
- Kettles are one of the most affordable things in an office. They are cheaper than water urns. Moreover, if you need to buy only one kettle, then you will save a lot of money.
- Water urns are very fragile and they can break easily. So, it is always better to use kettles rather than water urns.
- If you want to clean the kettles, then it is easier to use them. Water urns need to be cleaned using a special cleaning solution.
- Using kettles is eco-friendly as it doesn’t need electricity. But water urns need electricity to boil the water.
A Few Similarities between Water Urns and Kettles
- Both kettles and water urns can store boiling water and prevent it from cooling. However, they differ because the kettle is not pre-filled with water, while urns must be filled beforehand. Kettles also have an open spout for pouring water, whereas urns have a closed spout.
- Kettles and water urns both deliver piping-hot beverages. However, due to the differences noted above, one should consider the needs of their office before choosing one over another.
- Whether or not to use kettles and water urns in an office is up to the individual; however, it can be beneficial to consider specific situations when making your decision.
- Urns are usually made up of ceramic or metal and they are used to store water for domestic use. You can also use them to keep your flowers alive and fresh. Kettles are used to boil water for preparing tea and coffee. They are also used to cook food.
- Both water urns and kettles have a similar shape. But their sizes and designs differ from each other.
- Both kettles and water urns have similar functions, but they work differently.
- Water urns are small in size, but they can hold a lot of water. Kettles are much bigger than water urns and they are usually used to store water for cooking.
- You can easily find kettles online for fewer prices, but you will have to buy a water urn if you want to keep water for domestic use.
- The design of kettles is simple, but it is not that easy to find a good water urn. There are many companies which offer different designs and patterns of water urns.
The selection of the right one depends on what you would like to use it for. If you plan to use it to keep water hot or boil water, then Ian Boer’s hot water urns is the most appropriate. If you want to use hot water for a beverage, an urn is the best choice. If you want a hot, delicious mug of cocoa on a cold winter’s eve or are craving a piping hot cup of tea on a rainy day, then take the time to savor the moment and enjoy your drink while it is still warm. However, if time is money and you are in no mood to wait for your drink to heat up, go with the kettle.